Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Apple Mango Smoothie

So behind, so behind.
I feel like no matter what I do, I keep lagging behind. One would think that the spring (and summery) feel of recent weeks would make one more productive -- but it's been just the opposite. I've had family gatherings, friend obligations, feelings of tiredness and sub-par productivity drive.


I did make one custom bag for a family member. This bag took several days and was a take on a Vera Bradley bag. Sorry for the poor picture quality.

It is a cross-body messenger style small bag which was made for an overseas visit. It was about 8" across, 2.5" deep and 7" high. It had a zipper on the flap, a velcro pocket on the back, one pocket under the flap and an inner padded zipper in the body of the bag. If you are interested in this style bag, the price is around $50. Without the flap-zipper and elongated cross-body strap, the price drops to about $42. I am hoping to make some of these with an adjustable strap and keychain. I need some motivation to keep going. I need someone to help me get back into the swing of things. I'm feeling down on myself and my situation and it's allowed me to stagnate in just about every part of my life. I need to break free.

Moving on...

Last night, I made a great smoothie. I, interestingly enough, added an apple to the simple mix and it turned out beautifully. The recipe is as follows:

  • 1 ripe (semi-squishable) mango, peeled and cut into pieces
  • 1/2 banana
  • 1 kiwi, peeled and cut into quarters
  • 1 medium apple, peeled and sliced

Place all ingredients into a large magic bullet or whatever food processing magic smoothie machine you have on hand. Blend for at least a minute - the apple needs to really get ground up. The consistency is that of a very thin applesauce. It's smoothie-like without being overly sweet or bitter. It goes very well with a light meal and doesn't contain any artificial sweeteners. It could be augmented by strawberries as well - I'm sure the taste would be delicious.
Try it - the color might be odd but the taste is awesome!


linking up here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...