Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Tropical HeatWave

I hope all of you are staying cool, wherever you are. We are having a summer wave of heat which has pushed our heat index well over the 100 degree mark. Mr. Gnome and I have continued our boycott of installing the window air conditioner unit downstairs -- we did give in and install one upstairs. This has only been the second time we turned it on since its installation. Since having only one running doubles our electric bill, we have done what we can to conserve.



I finished several other projects despite the heat and other looming priorities.These projects have been among those completed: A fully reversible patriotic summer bag, a beautifully colored lime and brown multi-pocketed tote and a nice frayed-flower and bird zip pouch.





The coup de grĂ¢ce, however, has got to be my cathedral window zip pouch. This little monster was a laborious, tedious hand-sewing project which took immense dedication and determination. I must say that it has been 100% worthwhile and can't wait to make another.

Heaven... I'm in Heaven


The idea-credit for this adorable little piece of my heart goes to Tamiko at Patchwork Notes. She posted this blog about her idea. I must say, hers looks much better than mine but with practice comes perfection.
Have I said, yet, that I am SO EXCITED to make more of these? I have? Oh.. well.. in case you forgot: I'M SO EXCITED!

What have you been working on, lately? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...