Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Beginnings Anew

WARNING! THIS POST CONTAINS PURELY PERSONAL RAMBLINGS OF A NON-CRAFTING CRAFTER. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK AND WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT THIS IS IN NO WAY A CRAFTILY POST. IF YOU HAVE NO INTEREST IN READING PERSONAL DAILY MONOTONY, MOVE RIGHT ALONG; BACK TO YOUR DAILY SHUFFLE AND GRIND; RESUME YOUR STUMBLEUPON JOURNEY; GRAB YOUR SHERPA AND GO!

:)



I started a new job on Monday. Did I tell you that?

No??

Pity. Now you know.

Not a "new" job, per se, but yes a new job. I used to work in one location. This location was at least an hour from my home and the commute would only get worse come holiday season (see, my commute to work involves passing several shopping centers and a mall). I had enough of this bumper to bumper nightmare so when an opening showed up closer to home, I pounced on it. Well, "pounce" may be too strong a word. I weighed my pro's and con's and decided that the atmosphere and commute were very desirable. I obtained this transfer and started at my new location on Monday. This new location also comes with a new job title, which was technically a small step down on the clubhouse ladder but I don't mind. I'll take a 5% pay cut for a 15-minute commute. Heck, with gas getting upwards of $3.50/gallon, I've made back my money right there.

Back on topic, ADHD lady.

My first two days have been draining. I work in the mental health system and many members have had to learn how to manipulate and ascertain whatever they need to make their lives comfortable. I am being tested each day to see how far I can be pushed and where my limits lie. I don't want to compare these adults to toddlers or puppies but it's the very vague same concept. I in no way mean to be condescending so please save your speeches - I've been in this field long enough to know how the system works (or should I say doesn't work) and view this tenacity as a strength, so view it as a compliment and not a complaint. Anywhoser, I am tired and drained and have no creativity left in my bones to make anything whatsoever. But the ladies and program director took me out for a nice dinner and drinks this evening and I must say I had a splendid time. I have never felt so welcome or part of a team as I do in my new clubhouse. It's amazingly refreshing. I don't even have the proper words of gratitude so I'll just leave it at "Thank you" and a good night to all.


Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...