Sunday, March 27, 2011

Twenty days?

It has been almost twenty days since I have last posted for you. Why?
I started my new job. It has been a tiring, draining, exhausting mind-blowing bunch of days for which I am both thankful and tired of. In my usual fashion, I have allowed this new job to overtake me, consuming my every thought and devotion. I have let my mind wander back to work when it should have been contemplating personal time and enjoying life with my Mr. Gnome.

Ready for the horrifying information?
I have not been crafty for these twenty days.
(you may insert your shrieking cries here)

I'd like to be crafty soon. I ordered a big batch from Joel Dewberry's Aviary 2 line which should be arriving sometime this week.



These fabrics will be put to good use... hopefully soon. Send some creative juju my way.

I have been waiting for these fabrics to come into stock for quite some time now. I feel, however, that they scream "fall" and not "spring and summer" which would be a larger motivator for me. Perhaps I won't be using these as soon as I had thought.

I have, however, completed my vegetable and fruit garden order. The only things yet to be purchased are my tomato plants and my flowers - which will have to wait until about mother's day. The plants have not arrived but they will be coming within a few weeks. I decided I would try my hand at potatoes this year. Mr. Gnome will be creating a raised bed for me to attempt the tried-and-true trench method, which I feel will be the best way for us to go about growing potatoes. The garden has been mostly planned out except for one thing: I spontaneously purchased a grafted 3-in-1 fruit tree. WHY? ... I don't know... the combination of oranges, lemons and tangerines excited me, perhaps?
I ordered from a new company this year. I didn't look up their reviews until after my order was placed and now I'm having semi-second thoughts. I will let you know the name of the company and how well my plants do after caring for them for a while. I know every company has had a bad customer experience so I want to give them the benefit of the doubt.

What are you planting this year?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...