Thursday, March 3, 2011

I've got the itch!!

I feel like I keep apologizing lately for the lack of posting. So I'll apologize again... I've got the itch! It feels like spring has sprung early in my area and the beautiful weather has been prohibiting me from sitting inside behind my sewing machine. I can't seem to help myself.



I have been sketching out plans for my spring garden, buying lettuce seeds and considering what types of tomatoes to plant. I've been visualizing my front flower bed and debating turning the back one into a pea-planting-haven. I blame all of this itchiness on the nice weather, which has pressured me into cleaning out some of the dropped winter branches/leaves from my existing garden. This cleaning revealed this:

a quite premature and severely frostbitten growing baby red lettuce

It's too early for lettuce. What were you thinking, you silly cruciferous-looking leafy goodness?You're all wilty and brown and icky! Whyyyyyy?! Why did you grow? Why didn't you wait a month so I could much on your crunchy leaves? 

I'm bummed. Only a few of my lettuce plants survived their spring planting last year and dagnabbit two of them popped up prematurely. What ever will I do for sustenance? WHAT WILL SATISFY MY CRUNCHTOOTH?

So. Come on spring. I want to plant and harvest and do all things good with myself. I've been stagnant lately and since I can't have the land/house/job I REALLY want, I need to garden and create to feel like I can have a little piece of that dream.
Get here soon.
I miss you.

kthx,
your pathetic harbinger of wilty lettuce.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...