Sunday, December 12, 2010

A rainy sunday

 It's a rainy, grey Sunday here in southeastern Pennsylvania. Today, I have a job interview in Allentown. The very odd weather has literally rained on all of my plans for today. I was going to straighten my (freakishly) long hair with a little curl at the end, wear a nice white turtleneck with a bright blue chunky necklace and some grey pinstripe pants. Well... seeing as today is an absurd 50 degrees, a turt0l0-+999+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Pardon that interruption folks. That would be the musings of a happycat trying to invade my personal space and block my view from the monitor so I show her, and only her, attention this morning. Back on topic!

A turtleneck seems too warm for this type of weather. Additionally, anyone who straightens their hair understands the futility of doing so when humid and/or raining. I may go against convention, though, and wear the turtleneck after all. I am almost always cold...

So, on to the topic you're all actually here to read about: Crimson Phoenix Designs. We sold a few more bags over the past week. I'm going to take a wild guess here and say it is because Christmas is only 13 days away.  Hey, only a guess. One of the sales was a double: lime damask wallet and tote. I really loved that set and felt it was one of the best I've produced in a few months. The pockets turned out perfectly spaced from the bottom, the heavyweight interfacing was perfectly placed so that there were no lumps or bumps that needed to be slowly worked out and the zipper pouch had nice, small squared corners so your belongings would fit without looking like they were jammed into the thing. The only thing I wish I had accomplished on that piece was this: I can't figure out how people get zippers to not stick at the beginning. Perhaps it is the brand of zippers I am buying but they always always always stick at the beginning when they are first opened. It happens in all of my pieces unless I make a zip pocket that gets sewn around the beginning and a fake beginning is formed. Can anyone give me advice on this? I tried putting a bit of clear wax over that part of the zipper and it seemed to help but I know that will not last forever.

I haven't been as productive over the past few days for various reasons, including working late, a cookie bake with family (tried a recipe from thekatherly and it was awesome), getting Christmas presents/tree together, being interrupted by the very demanding happycat and an overall sense of burned-out-ed-ness that has been plaguing me for a few weeks now. That said, does anyone have any suggestions or requests for new bags they would like to see? I am particularly fond of this website for fabric choices: www.hawthornethreads.com  They have a great selection and none of those annoying prints we all hate. I'm considering making more teardrop (rounded bottom) bags. What else would you like to see?

I am also getting very tired of the layout of this blog. It is quite yellow and I'm just not feeling it anymore. Look for a blog change coming soon.

I hope all of you out there have a very happy Sunday and enjoy your last day off before the drudge of the work week begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...