Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Repurposing

I've spent the evening cutting, seam ripping and deconstructing items for multiple uses (ok... maybe with a little wine in the mix. it was a hard day in my small sandbox). That said, I don't have too terribly much to say about tonight's goings-on.





I was given this fantastic poly blend soft-as-suede skirt by a friend. She even had the tags still on! The material was beautiful... just perhaps not in a skirt-form. This picture is washed out and unevenly exposed due to the nature of my cell phone camera but you can just begin to glimpse how nice this fabric will look as a bag. It will yield at least three bags out of one long skirt. One of these bags is going to be a tall, skinny bag perfect for holding books and bottles of water. Another is going to be short and fat and positively adorable. The last will be more of a large-tote style. If I feel adventurous on a snow day,  I believe I will bat and quilt it. Wouldn't it look positively splendid as a quilted large tote?









I also began working on a small quilt for my sister. She's due at the end of this month and I figured I had put off the inevitable long enough. I finished the piecing together of the top of the quilt. I now need to run to the store to find a suitable flannel for the sides and back of the piece. It's mainly peach and green with splashes of pink. A true blue lover, myself, it feels awkward without any blue in it. Feedback on this piece would be awesomely appreciated.

It's terribly cold in this area so I'm going to go snuggle by my Mr. Gnome and have myself a nice sleep. And to all, a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...