Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Of course it would!

Well, the storm has hit my area. I'll shorten the "storm" to: the forecasts were wrong and it's snowing lots and lots. k.

this is, in no way, what the thread should look like
just in case you were wondering
After my two hour commute to work, hour stay, subsequent closing and over hour drive back I decided to unwind by working on that awesome soft feathery wonderfulness that is the custom commissioned mushroom zip top tote (quite a mouthful right?). I pin and tuck and get everything together. I sew one side of a zipper with no problems at all. Then, all of a sudden, my machine jams and I can't get the fabric out of the machine. It is literally pinned into the machine, the needle won't move up or down and I'm scared to death of ripping this wonderful fabric. I eventually get it out (in tact!) and open up the bobbin case to see what the deal is. After removing large quantities of thread that became tangled during the mush, I tried sewing on a scrap piece of fabric. Same thing happened. I took apart the whole bobbin-dealies and got rid of all fuzzies, pieces of tiny thread and anything else that could have possibly made its way into the case. I adjusted tension and tried different thread... and I can't fix it. I just can't fix it.

I am heartbroken.

I wanted to finish this bag tonight so I could send pictures to its commissioner. I wanted to continue to sew a nice raindrop pleated bag. Not tonight, my friends. I will be scouring for answers related to how to get my beloved machine unstuck.


Suggestions, anyone?


Please, in the meantime, share with me your recent projects...


1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain. I have been having loads of sewing machine problems lately. Between buying a thread that I thought was good quality that turned out to be total poo and broke after 3-5 stitches (took me a while to figure out what was happening) to trying to sew t-shirt material (I need to learn a little bit more there) to good old fashioned operator error (I mis-loaded my bobbin). Good luck! Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...