Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Buh-rand new bag!

Well howdy hello how-do-you-do?!

I'm in a perked up mood because I successfully tore apart my machine and put it back together and am happy to report I got her all fixed up! I was able to finish the custom commissioned mushroom bag and it will be to its destination by Friday evening. How amazing a snow day can be for one's spirit and determination. It has been my day of happiness and hope.

Enough words, on with the bag!



Detail of Embellishment
Full view of the bag

Full inside view
A closer inside view

The custom-made polymer clay zipper pull. Pardon the wonky colors - The glaze takes a while to dry so I had to take this picture during non-daylight hours. My bad.


It was a very productive day and I have to say I am very, very pleased with the new design of the zip-top bags. They are much less bulky and much more user-friendly than my previous design. I'm totally in love with this bag and the faux suede fabric on the interior. I think it has ruined me for any other fabric ever... EVER!\


---- Again: if you're not into personal information, this is where your ride ends. Ding Ding! All aboard and farewell ----



Other than my enormous success in getting my sewing machine back in tip-top shippity-shape, I called a mortgage broker to get me and Mr. Gnome pre-approved for mortgage financing. After a lot of questions, we finally did get approved for much more than we had anticipated (and, quite frankly, more than we are willing to spend on a mortgage). But that's fantastic. My credit score was beyond amazing and landed us a pretty swell deal. The only downside is that the interest rate on mortgages went up over the past two months, leaving us with at least a 5.25% -- it used to be at an all time low of 3.75%! Can you imagine?!?!?!

The bad news is we have to at least quadruple what we have in savings in order to successfully buy a home.
Oh lawdy save me.

Lets go back to a happier place, one that doesn't worry about money and just lets you live in your dream home...

ah yes... there it is.
the big blue victorian on 12 acres with a shop to sell my craftily bits.

can you hear the angels singing?


ok back to reality.


Hope everyone is faring well through the ice storm that is hitting much of the country. Keep warm, everyone!


2 comments:

  1. oooh i luv luv the bag the mushroom fabric is gorgeous.
    Don't forget to link it in our linking party this week.

    http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/02/fun-ideas-for-valentine-day-2011be.html

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bag! Thanks for the comment on my missing post :-) And also congrats on fixing your sewing machine. I need to take some time and sit down with mine and figure out how it actually works so I understand it... Also congrats on your home buying progress. We sold our house when we moved out to Hawaii and I miss it! Mostly for projects and great neighbors. I did recently find my dream home - it is on a hillside in the park where the Oregon Zoo is outside of Portland. Plenty of room for all of us and a workshop for all kinds of crafting! Happy hunting!! (Oh and also thanks for following :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...