Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Visitor

I have had the pleasure of having an unexpected visitor the past three days. Her name?
MIGRAINE.




I have not had a headache like this one in the past. I have had migraines previously, but none like this. It appeared Monday as I was waking for work. I took medication and went about my business. It dissolved into an irritating but livable headache. Slowly, it crept back up on me and assuredly it was slightly subdued by medication. I had hoped it would dissolve during my nights sleep but it did not. I am now on day three of this dreadful headache and am at my wit's end. So after various concoctions of medication, ingesting all sorts of liquids and taking the day off from work and sleeping most of the day away did not work, I have moved on to holistic therapy.



A while back, I received some dried jasmine and buckwheat hulls from a friend of a friend (who, sadly, no longer resides in my life). I put these somewhere and kind of forgot about them. I had intended to make a slightly scented heating pad but... all those unfinished projects seem to pile up and get forgotten.
 Well, necessity is the mother of all invention AND motivation so I found those nice brown bags and I got to work this evening. I whipped up a lavender and buckwheat eye pillow which is microwave and freezer safe. It is not overly stuffed so it will not retain heat for generous periods of time. Well, you're not supposed to use a hot or cold pack for over fifteen minutes anyway... so I suppose it is a good thing. This pillow smells wonderful and is made of a pretty fabric to boot.


Sadly, I can not report any reduction in headache symptoms. I am now taking suggestions for reduction of migraine symptoms. Sorry for the poor quality photos. I didn't have the umph to use the big-girl camera so I just used my phone.

I can, however, report a slight increase in happiness due to recent craftily time!


Speaking of which, check out some of my recent additions to my etsy shop. I now carry handmade eco friendly reusable Snack Packs. These ecochic bags are made from undyed, unbleached, all-natural osnaburg and muslin. Read all about them at my etsy shop!!

2 comments:

  1. awww...so sorry about the migraines! will say a prayer for you if it's okay...i know exactly how you feel as i get them every once in awhile. i've take a nasal spray that worked once, but most of the prescription pills didn't. however, i have found relief by using excedrin migraine w/1 benadryl tablet. for some odd reason, this will either put a dent in it or take it away. otherwise, its laying in a dark room praying for it to go away! hugs dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please do! Next time I get one, I will try the excedrin with the benadryl. I tried taking a sudafed with the pain reliever just in case it was sinus-related but it didn't help. Maybe benadryl will as it decreases inflammation. Thank you so much for your kindness!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...